Apple pulls out iOS 8.0.1 update for latest iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 as it disabled many users Touch ID and mobile network. Soon after Apple rolled out the update on September 24 users started complaining that their finger print sensor stopped working and many also complained about No service sign on all major provider in USA.
Surprisingly, older iPhone users who downloaded the iOS 8.0.1 update on iPhone 5s, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s didn’t report any such problem. Apple apologized iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users for the problem and cancels the update as a result the iOS.8.0.1 update is no longer available.
If you are one of those unlocky users you are left with a new iPhone with no network and Touch ID there is a solution that can bring back your iPhone to life.
According to some idevice experts like iMore you can get our good old iPhone 6 and Plus back by following below steps.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer,open iTunes and backup all your data.Disconnect.
- Now download a fresh iOS 8 from ipswdownloader.com and select from device type, model and iOS firmware type. (to check the version of firmware in your device go to Setting> General> About) Click to download and wait.
- Meanwhile go to Settings> iCloud>Find My Phone and turn off the feature.
- As soon as your iOS 8 download is complete plug back you iPhone in a computer and open iTunes.
- Once you are in your iPhone Check for updates and make sure you hold the control/option key on your PC/Mac while carefully scrolling down to for updates until you find .ipsw file. Now select the file and click ok.
Whola! Now your iPhone will re install iOS 8 but your pre downloaded Apps and restored dat should remain unaffected. As soon as the installation is complete your iPhone should work just like it did before iOS.8.0.1 disaster. Don’t forget to check your Touch ID and network service to make sure they are up and running.
We hope it works for you but if not then you probably have to wait for Apple to come up with a fix for this issue, which shouldn’t be long. Alas! the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus may not seem so cool after iOS 8.0.1. The bad update is another dent on Apple’s reputation after the reporters of iPhone 6 Plus bending in users pocket that questions sturdiness of its design.