Samsung has always been at the receiving end when it comes to Android update for its flagship device. However, the new development shows that the Korean company has learnt something from its past mistakes and has started moving fast to bring Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S5.
According to a new report from SamMobile, Android 5.0 Lollipop was seen running on Samsung Galaxy S5 in a video. The Galaxy S5 smartphone was earlier seen running Android 5.0 Lollipop’s alpha build but this time the software looks more matured and well gelled with the TouchWiz user interface.
Samsung has brought in a new Galaxy Note 4 style lockscreen with a great amount of change in the animation of the software. Apart from this the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop build is way different that the earlier alpha build what SamMobile previewed.
The Korean tech giant has changed the OS base from LRW58J to LRX02E that changes the Android version from ‘L’ to ‘5.0’. However, the build is still missing the official Lollipop branding which means that the updates source code is not the most recent code from Google.
Here is the entire changelog of Android 5.0 Lollipop according to SamMobile
- New Note 4 fingerprint lock screen
- New system-wide font — similar to the original one, but a tad thinner.
- New animations, much smoother than before — there’s a screen off animation present as well.
- Google Search bar in recents menu
- Brightness slider in notification centre has a new yellow colour — while changing the brightness, the notification centre disappears and allows the user to view the content beneath it.
- Removed “Interruptions” from Sound settings
- Gallery: Media can be sorted using new filters including Pets, Events, Scenery, Documents, Food, Vehicles and Flowers.
- Music: Improved UI
- Clock: Navigation bar icons are now accompanied by text
- Calculator: Removed square grids which surrounded the numbers and symbols
- Contacts: New search box
- Stock Material Design inspired applications receive colored status bar
- Android Lollipop theme’s core green elements replaced with Samsung’s blue colour
- Settings: Improved UI, new icon colours
- New UI for setting wallpaper from home screen
- Better spacing between options in power off dialog
Note: The changelog is list of differences between the earlier leaked version (LRW58J) and the new one (LRX02E).