Whatsapp users on Android and Apple devices have always compared the functions of the popular messenger app on the two major mobile operating systems.
Till very recently Android users had an edge over their iOS counterparts, but with the latest version of WhatsApp entering the Apple App Store the game looks to be changing.
WhatsApp rolled out a major update for iOS users with the version 2.12.5 and the update brings a series of changes that the iOS users are going to love.
The most important feature in the new version of the messenger app is sharing the location and contacts via Apple Maps and Contact app.
Here is the list of new features and changes in the WhatsApp for iOS:
- Per chat custom notification settings and mute
- You can now include videos in your chat backups in Settings > Chats and Calls > Chat Backup
- Mark chats as unread or read with a swipe to the right
- Better support for VoiceOver
- Directly share contacts from the Contacts app and locations from Apple Maps to WhatsApp
- Lower the data usage used during WhatsApp calls in Settings > Chats and Calls
- Earlier messages now load automatically as you scroll chats
- Improved design for cropping photos and videos
- Location messages now use a large map thumbnail